7-steps: a systemic approach to improving conversions
Improve your site or product's conversions in just seven simple steps. Here's a sneak-peek of what's inside:
1. Define your conversion events. I.e. what's the critical action you want visitors to take?
2. Map the major events in your conversion funnel(s). Your funnel should be between 4-6 steps (no more, no less).
3. Use data science to find the key drop-off moments that happen between major events. Your drop-off points are major opportunities because users are telling you exactly where they lose interest.
4. Use integrated session replay to see exactly what's happening during those key moments. These are a great opportunity to understand the 'why' behind the 'what'.
5. Use journeys to identify alternate paths to conversion - because if you want to meaningfully impact conversions, you need to be able to track and respond to every possible path.
6. Segment your users and see who's most (and least) likely to convert. CRO is all about knowing which groups to target.
7. Test, measure, iterate. And then repeat. Some of the top components to experiment with include: CTAs, messaging, navigation and site structure, page speed, imagery/brand logo, page design, value proposition, headlines, offers/promotions, and mobile vs desktop.
Like what you're reading?
⏰ Understand why CRO is worth the time and energy
❌ Identify the shortcomings of Google Analytics for CRO
🧠 Learn about how CRO impacts different industries
📈 Establish a systematic approach for measuring conversion