In this episode, we sat down with Teresa Torres, internationally acclaimed Author, Speaker and Product Discovery Coach. Teresa takes us through her fascinating journey of putting a continuous discovery process into practice, the benefits of human-centered design, how she used her Opportunity Solution Tree framework to approach how the pandemic impacted her, and more.
Key talking points include:
- How PLG starts with just creating a really good product.
- The biggest indicator of a product’s success.
- How to create customer and business value by driving outcomes.
- The distinction between what designers and cross-functional product teams do.
- Leveraging more diverse expertise on teams.
- Why ProductTalk is becoming a "course-first business".
A little about the guest
Teresa teaches a structured and sustainable approach to continued product discovery that helps product teams infuse their product decisions through customer input.
She’s coached hundreds of teams at companies of all sizes, from early-stage start-ups to global enterprises, in a variety of industries. She has taught discovery skills to over 7,000 product people through the Product Talk Academy and is the author of “Continuous Discovery Habits.”
- Book Site & Blog: ProductTalk.org
- Community: Members.ProductTalk.org
- Product Talk Academy: Learn.ProductTalk.org
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ttorres
- Linkedin: http://linkedin.com/in/teresatorres/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ProductTalkVideosc
Wanna get involved in the conversation?
It’s easy - just join our Slack channel of over 5,000 product-led enthusiasts. Access is 100% free, and it has a range of channels for you to take full advantage of; from upcoming events and recommended reading, to job opportunities, and recommended tools.
You can be part of the pod! If you’re a CPO, Founder, Inventor, or a passionate product-led advocate, pick a topic and get in touch here: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to catch more episodes of For the Love of Product!