In this episode, we’re joined by Carlos Gonzalez de Villaumbrosia, CEO of Product School, a global leader in product management training with a community of over 1 million product enthusiasts.
Carlos explores key aspects of the product management landscape, including finding the right community for your product, why hands-on learning is the best way to jump into the PLG world, and the challenges entrepreneurs face. With his storied career and tons of experience to share, don't miss this opportunity to learn from an industry expert and expand your product management knowledge.
Key talking points
- The importance of building a community
- The format of Product School's courses, which are designed to be flexible for students and instructors
- How to master soft skills in product management, including communication, empathy, and collaboration
- The significance of hands-on and observational learning in developing soft skills and product management expertise.
- The challenges and sacrifices involved in starting and running a successful company
- How to carefully select the right investor or partner when raising capital
A little about the guest
With over a decade of experience in team building and digital product development across the US, Europe, and Latin America, Carlos established Product School in San Francisco in 2014. Instructors include industry-leading Product Leaders from renowned Silicon Valley firms such as Google, Meta, Netflix, Airbnb, Uber, and Amazon.
Carlos is committed to advancing the product community. He's the author of the Amazon bestseller "The Product Book," leads Proddys awards, organizes the ProductCon conference, and supports 1,000+ free virtual events each year.
Wanna get involved in the conversation?
It’s easy – just join our Slack channel of over 5,000 product-led enthusiasts. Access is 100% free, and it has a range of channels for you to take full advantage of, from upcoming events and recommended readings to job opportunities and tool suggestions.
You can also be part of the podcast! If you’re a CPO, Founder, Inventor, or passionate product-led advocate, pick a topic and get in touch here: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to catch more episodes of For the Love of Product!