The power of analytics. The metrics that matter. The tools driving the data-driven trade. Expert insights. Take it all in.
Want to know more about data and product analytics? Then you’ve come to the right place. Last year, we drilled down and explored how product managers are using data; from key data sources and tools to the structure of data in organizations and the metrics they inform.
But what’s changed? Let’s find out...
Welcome to the State of Product Data Report 2022.👇
To once again take a deep dive into how product teams are harnessing their data, we needed data sources of our own for the report!
A variety of product people took part in our survey, and here’s a selection of the companies they represent:
Why did we do this report?
Data is always critical for product teams, and we wanted to once again unpack exactly how this is being harnessed in 2022.
This is why we surveyed product professionals from a mix of organizations around the world, varying in size, number of employees and product type - in an effort to really understand how they’re utilizing product data and analytics.
To paint a picture of how things have changed, where they are now, and what the future hold for product data.
Together with Flatfile, we’ll be unpacking key areas surrounding product data, providing insights and statistics on the following topics and more:
• How product data is being utilized across organizations.
• What PMs are achieving with product analytics, and how it’s helping them reach their goals.
• The product metrics being used to make data-driven decisions on new features.
• What analytics tools are transforming day-to-day product management.
In the report, you’ll find:
💡 The industries leading the product data charge in 2022.
🔑 Key data sources.
🤔 The power of product analytics.
⬆️ Expert insight on the metrics that matter.
⚒️ The data-driven tech stack.
🔮 Why customer feedback is critical.
And here’s a little taster of some of the findings:
- The majority of our surveyed product pros (83%) revealed that their key data source for driving product decisions came from internal teams; including sales, marketing and customer success.
- 80% of participants said they analyzed how often people used the product the most in terms of usage metrics, with 76% stating they measured which features people were using most.
- The vast majority (80%) of participants revealed that increasing overall revenue was their number one goal with product analytics.
What are you waiting for? Time to take in all we’ve uncovered on the state of product data. 👇