In this episode, we’re joined by Naomi Geit, Head of Product at Meta. Naomi is responsible for leading several teams across all the different Meta apps. Join her as she dives into the highs and lows of working at Meta for nearly two decades, including the company’s evolution.
Listen as she discusses what it’s like to work on foundational products, Meta’s entry into mobile, and where her interest in joining Facebook and Meta began.
Key talking points
- Working on foundational products across the different Meta apps.
- The high and low points of working at Meta over the last 17 years.
- The importance of prioritizing and categorizing user feedback when launching new features.
- How Naomi progressed into a product management role at Meta and how she added value to the company as a non-technical PM.
- Key skills you need to be a great product leader.
A little about the guest
After graduating from Standford University with a science, technology, and society degree, Naomi began working for Meta 17 years ago. Over time, she has seen Meta’s products grow from just one to many, including Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, and WhatsApp. She has helped build systems around growth, safety and security, social impact tools, and monetization services by centralizing solutions instead of starting them from scratch each time.
Wanna get involved in the conversation?
It’s easy - just join our Slack channel of over 5,000 product-led enthusiasts. Access is 100% free, and it has a range of channels for you to take full advantage of, from upcoming events and recommended reading to job opportunities and recommended tools.
You can be part of the pod! If you’re a CPO, Founder, Inventor, or passionate product-led advocate, pick a topic and get in touch here: email@example.com.
Be sure to catch more episodes of For the Love of Product!